Does running your furnace fan continuously save energy in the Summer?
I've heard that setting the thermostat to ON will save energy by constently cycling cold air from the basement to the rest of the house, keeping the AC off. Does this work? It would seem that having the Fan run all the time would use more electricity than even just having the Air Conditioning switch on and off.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- running furnace fan in summer with ac on
- continuously running furnace fan
- will it hurt the electric furnace to keep running
- running a furnace fan continuesly saves enery
- is it good to run your furnace fan on all the time in the winter
- furnish fan hep humidifier
- does running furnace fan save energy in winter
- does running furnace fan all the time hurts
- does it hurt to leave the furnace fan to run all the time?
- does furnace humidifier motor run continually