Does running your furnace fan continuously save energy in the Summer?
I've heard that setting the thermostat to ON will save energy by constently cycling cold air from the basement to the rest of the house, keeping the AC off. Does this work? It would seem that having the Fan run all the time would use more electricity than even just having the Air Conditioning switch on and off.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- running furnace fan in summer with ac on
- does it hurt to run my furnace fan
- does running central air fan non stop save electricity
- does running fan on a/c with a/c help save energy
- electric furnace circulate air in the summer
- running furnace fan continuously to cool house
- will a fan motor wearout if turned contiuously by wind